With its unique patented open cell structure, GEOHEX Erosion Control System is designed to provide strong ground reinforcement and sediment control in all conditions. In construction applications, GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be combined with grass, gravel or a sand/soil mixture providing a complement to surrounding materials and other architecture such as the installation of plastic driveway grids.
Its rigid structure and strong polymer construction enables GEOHEX Erosion Control System to be used as a walking grid to provide a cost-effective solution to prevent soft ground build-up and mud control in heavy traffic livestock areas and shed flooring. By combining to make a walking grid, the GEOHEX Erosion Control System plastic panels promote livestock flow and help reduce the incidence of lameness around trough and standoff areas, approaches and exits to yards and many other high traffic and frequently-used livestock areas.
With a maximum load bearing capacity of 1200t/sqm* when filled with soil (or equivalent), the GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used for ground stabilisation of roads on mining sites as well as drainage stabilisation in hardstands, haul roads and equipment yards. GEOHEX Erosion Control System can also be used in the stabilisation of mine site embankments, drains, driveways and airstrips.
How to Install Geohex
- Prior mechanical compaction of the soil and/ or ground base is essential for the successful performance of GEOHEX™.
- If the surface is prone to movement, it may be necessary to install extra sub-soil drainage to maintain the strength and integrity of the topsoil.
- Additional drainage technology used may consist of coarse road base, agricultural piping, sand or a combination of all of these. Fine road base may lower or even prevent the absorption of water.
- It is recommended that a sand bed be placed under GEOHEX™ to construct a perfectly flat surface under the soil layer to prevent rutting and subsidence due to vehicular or livestock movement.
- The sand bed under GEOHEX™ requires moderate compacting to ensure proper topsoil levelling. GEOHEX™ can then be placed right on top of this layer.
- The best infill for GEOHEX™ is an angular stone up to 10-15mm in size, which locks together better and restricts any further slope movement.
- Other recommended infill products include topsoil, sand and fine gravel.
- GEOHEX™ can be used with any type of turf configuration or variety. Areas that have had GEOHEX™ installed should be inspected regularly to determine if any damage or minor subsidence has occurred.
By increasing the effective structural integrity of soils, GEOHEX Erosion Control System creates a stiffened base layer that provides increased load support whilst preventing soil subsidence and soil erosion. GEOHEX Erosion Control System improves safety on the edge of roads, embankments, parking areas and many other medium to high traffic surfaces.
With a maximum load bearing capacity of 1200t/sqm* and made from recycled and recyclable interlocking polypropylene hexagonal cells, GEOHEX Erosion Control System is suitable for use in just about any type of ground and geological conditions.
With its innovative plastic matting construction and unique connection system, GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be laid quickly and cost-efficiently, either in linear or bend sections in any weather and at any time of the year.
GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used in: