A quick note below on selecting the right castor. There are sometimes other considerations (such as high/low extreme temperatures) but I thought I’d address 3 common questions you’ll need to decide on when choosing a castor. If you still have questions you can get in touch with us or post a comment below.
WHAT LOAD CAPACITY DO I NEED?
- Take the total load weight of your project (eg. I’m making a trolley that needs to hold 200kg)
- Divide that number by the quantity of castors to be used (eg. I’m going to use 4 castors for my trolley)
- Now you have the capacity required per castor. (eg. 200kg divided by 4 = 50kg per castor)
WHICH TYPE OF WHEEL DO I NEED?
- Nylon (Low rolling resistance, durable, non marking, ideal for hard, smooth surfaces and outside/wet environments)
- Polyurethane (Hard wearing, quiet operation, low rolling resistance, non-marking, ideal for timber/vinyl/concrete flooring)
- Rubber (Shock absorbing, non marking, ideal for timber/vinyl/concrete flooring)
WHICH FIXING TYPE DO I NEED?
- Plate Type (Best supported fitting, either bolt or weld to the product)
- Bolt Type (Ideal for fixing into tube, for trolleys and display equipment)